We all know that waterproofing your property is one of the most important things you can do for its longevity. If it’s not done right, water can cause major damage resulting in interruption to either your home or business environment.
And so when it comes to choosing the best waterproofing contractor, you want to make sure you find the right company to work with.
Here we’ve put together a few tips on how to choose a waterproofing contractor in South Africa and what questions you should ask before choosing and hiring one.
How do you choose the right waterproofing contractor?
- Asking friends or family for a reputable contractor they have worked with in the past is a great way to start as you’ll be able to chat to them about what job the contractor did and their level of workmanship and reliability.
- Alternatively, you could use a listing website like African Advice to find local waterproofing contractors in Port Elizabeth or your area and read reviews from their past customers.
- Request an estimate from at least 3 contractors. Don’t just go with the cheapest one – remember that quality is more important than price. Contact several contractors so you can compare prices and reviews before deciding on one.
- Do your homework and research the contractor you are interested in. Check their background by visiting their website or talking to previous clients and customers. Ask the contractor for references and call previous customers to find out what job they did for them and if they were happy with their workmanship.
- Check how long they have been in the business. You would like to have a reputable and experienced company solving your problems.
- Enquire about what type of waterproofing materials will be used. At Toro, we have several waterproofing products available. We work directly with contractors to ensure they have the right products and materials for the job.
- Ask what workmanship and service guarantee they offer. In case you notice any issues after the job is done, it’s always best to know you can call the contractor and have them come back to relook at the project with you.
- Make sure you agree on a timeline. It’s important to be specific about how long it will take for the project to be completed. Make sure there’s a timeline that you’ve both agreed to before any work starts.
- Don’t be scared to ask. Be sure to ask any questions you have before giving them the go-ahead to make sure there are no hidden costs or surprises along the way.
Waterproofing is an investment for your property and hiring the right contractor will help you achieve your objectives to the right standards within your budget.
If you have an upcoming waterproofing project and want to learn more about our range of waterproofing products or you’re unsure which sealant, coating or paint is best for your next project, talk to our team today.